It may vary from country to country, though generally they would prefer to have someone in perfect shape. You will have to check up with the forces in your country. The reason is that any failure of your system is not acceptable in a setting like the airforce. It may also depend on the available human resources in your country. It might be worth noting that most heart murmurs are innocent and not associated with significant heart disease and is suitable for a normal civilian life. But the stresses to the cardiovascularrelated to heart and blood vessels system in army are quite different from that in civilian life. Any significant heart problem is certainly to be excluded by appropriate investigations like an echocardiogram even in civilian life.
- What is a heart murmur and what causes it?
- What is the treatment for a systolic murmura murmur which occurs when the heart contracts?
- Can ecgElectrocardiogram detect all heart problems?
- What are the important symptoms of a heart attackDamage to a region of the heart muscle due to blockage of blood vessel supplying oxygenated blood?
- Why is thrombolysisdissolving the clot for strokeSudden weakness of a side or a limb due to either loss of blood supply to a region of the brain or bleeding within the brain not used as often as for heart attackDamage to a region of the heart muscle due to blockage of blood vessel supplying oxygenated blood?